Having trouble with a double chin? Looking for a safe, painless, and reliable way to get rid of it? Then, Kybella is the answer to all your prayers. This new FDA approved injectable treatment makes sure that you will never have to feel embarrassed about your chin ever again. According to recent studies, around 70% of patients who underwent Kybella treatment reported that they enjoyed a significant improvement in their physical appearance, as well as their emotional well-being.
Things to know
- What is Kybella: Kybella is an injectable treatment that targets the fat under the chin and helps the elimination of double chins, which, otherwise, can create an unpleasant facial appearance. It is made up of deoxycholic acid, a substance that is capable of fat absorption. Deoxycholic acid is, in fact, found in the human body naturally.
- How does Kybella work: Kybella contains deoxycholic acid, which when injected, eliminates the fat cells responsible for double chin formation. This results in the skin becoming tighter and the contours of the jaw becoming shapelier.
- Frequency of treatment: Best results are achieved when patients undergo a total of six treatments spread across successive months. Each visit should ideally consist of 12 to 20 injections. Each session lasts about 20 minutes and a teaspoon of the substance is all that is required per session.
- Results: Results of the Kybella treatment can be observed in a period of four to six weeks and the effects of the treatment can last for years. This means that regular follow up treatments are not required. On the other hand, other treatments such as BOTOX produce results that last only for a short 6 months.
- Side effects: Side effects are minimal with Kybella and they tend to disappear in a short time. The most noticeable side effects would include bruising and swelling, post-treatment. However, the swelling and bruising subside within 3 days, resulting in a quick overall recovery.
Need more information on Kybella? Contact North Dallas Dermatology Associates
For more information on Kybella, contact North Dallas Dermatology Associates. We are located in Dallas and can be contacted at (214) 761-8524. We look forward to hearing from you.