Coronavirus Response: A Special Message From NDDA President, Mary Hurley, MD
- Posted on: Mar 20 2020
We are asking patients to complete a screening questionnaire before they arrive to their appointment. We are rescheduling appointments if the screen reveals a significant risk of infection or infection exposure.
Dear NDDA family,
In the last several weeks, the number of COVID-19 cases have increased. We understand that our patients may be concerned about coming in for their appointments; however, continued follow up care is needed to ensure you remain healthy. NDDA has always maintained an infection control process and we regularly sanitize our offices to prevent the spread of infection. With the news about COVID-19, we would like to inform you of the extra precautions we are taking to protect you during your visit:
- All patients will be quickly taken to the exam room or private waiting room to meet the CDC recommendations for social distancing.
- We are asking for no more than one person accompanying a patient to their appointment. That person will be subject to the same screening for infection risk as the patient.
- Should anyone arrive with symptoms suggesting COVID-19 infection as identified by the CDC, they will not be admitted to our office and will be asked to reschedule when they have recovered. We have increased our vigilance and frequency of wiping down our office using CDC recommended disinfectants.
- We are working with our building management to help prevent contamination within the building.
- We are now offering tele-medicine visits online and our office is open to see any patients for urgent, medically necessary matters.
We are asking the following of patients:
- If you or anyone in your household or recent contacts has respiratory symptoms or a fever, please do not come into the office. Please call to reschedule.
- If you have traveled in the past two weeks to a foreign country, please do not come into the office. Please call to reschedule.
- We are asking patients to restrict themselves to one accompanying caregiver. We are happy to include additional family or friends you want involved with your care through FaceTime or phone during your visit.
- We are encouraging patients to make use of our hand washing facilities and have hand sanitizer in each room.
It is important to us that you are comfortable continuing to receive care through our organization and maintain your appointments. We will do everything we can to keep you and your family safe.
Please stay safe and healthy during this pandemic. Practice frequent hand washings and cover your nose and mouth with a tissue if coughing. Avoid touching your face. If you have traveled to countries designated as Level 3 Health Notice country by the CDC, please stay home for at least 14 days from the time you left the area and self-monitor.
Many area hospitals have designated special rooms and entries for patients suspected of having COVID-19 infection. If you are short of breath and have symptoms severe enough to warrant seeking emergency care, please call the ER in advance to alert them you are coming.
If you have further questions about the COVID-19 virus, please refer to the CDC website: https://www.cdc.gov/
Texas Health Resources has also established a hotline to answer your questions at 682-236-7601.
On behalf of the physicians and staff at NDDA, we are here for you. We continue to monitor the situation and will make changes to our procedures as more information becomes available. We will pull together as a community and halt this pandemic by taking the proper precautions. Please feel free to call the office if you have any questions.
Mary Hurley, MD
President North Dallas Dermatology Associates
Posted in: Uncategorized